The Yamaha YPG-535 88-Key Portable Grand Piano is a digital piano that closely approximates the touch and sound of an acoustic piano, and more. It has the full 88 keys of an acoustic piano with the similar weighted feel of the keyboard.
But because it is a digital piano, the YPG-535 88-Key Portable Grand Piano has a host of added features like a Musical Instrument Digital Interface (MIDI) that enables it to connect to a computer for recording music and interface with other electronic instruments, and song chord and voice databases. There are input/output ports for connectivity with other gadgets. There are built-in speakers to amplify music produced.
It comes shipped in a box that contains the keyboard, the keyboard stand, a music rest, a footswitch, an accessory CD-ROM, an AC Power Adaptor, and the Owner’s Manual.
Yamaha’s YPG-535 88-key Portable Grand Piano’s keyboard weighs at 37 pounds makes it stable to use when set up on the keyboard stand. It is slightly smaller in width than a small grand piano and slightly narrower in depth as a regular upright piano.
It comes with built-in features that help a variety of users; from the novice piano player still learning to play the instrument to the advanced musician looking for depth and texture in his musical pieces.
- 88 piano-style keys with Graded Soft Touch. Includes stand, adapter,...
- USB To Device: connect USB storage devices (storage device optional)
- Large Wave ROM features extra high quality Live! Grand sample
Best for Serious Musicians
The 88-key feature of the Yamaha YPG-535 88-Key Portable Grand Piano is the same as that of the acoustic piano. This provides the more advanced piano player the ability to play a more complicated classical and jazz piece.
Yamaha’s XGlite Realistic Sounding Voices provide excellently sampled voices of musical instruments like the trumpet, flute, pan flute, saxophones, electric piano, organ, and rotor organ. This is most advantageous for musical arrangers and composers who can access the sound of musical instruments with just the Yamaha YPG-535 88-Key Portable Grand Piano.
Musical Instrument Digital Interface (MIDI) allows for connectivity with a computer and other gadgets. The portability feature together will all the other features make it a great reliable asset during concerts and gigs.
Good for Novice Musicians
The Yamaha YPG-535 88-Key Portable Grand Piano has the Yamaha Education Suite (Y.E.S.), a built-in learning tool that teaches the beginner how to play the piano through structured lessons, progress tracker and grading system.
Various built-in controls and software like reverb, auto accompaniment, and styles, song and chord database encourage the novice musician to experiment and create new sounds through infinite combinations of effects and voices.
Features and Specifications
The Yamaha YPG-535 88-Key Portable Grand Piano comes with the following:
- 88 piano-style keys with Yamaha’s Graded Soft Touch
- Yamaha’s Sweet! And Cool! Voices together with the Pitch Blend Wheel bring out life-like natural sounds of instruments like the flutes, trumpet, saxophones, piano, organ – with the corresponding resonance and vibrato
- Easy Song Arranger allows for variation in musicality of pieces played
- Yamaha’s Performance Assistant Technology (P.A.T.) provides intuitive support to play the correct note even if the wrong key is pressed
- Extensive music database through huge song inventory plus controls to allow a variety of style combinations
- Input/output ports for USB TO DEVICE and USB TO HOST terminals for computer and gadget interconnectivity
- Portable Grand Button reverts the product to play as a grand piano
- Yamaha Education Suite (Y.E.S.), a built-in piano learning tool
- Dimensions: 53-1/3” wide by 30-1/2” height by 19-1/8” depth
- Weight: 37 lbs.
- Display: Full Dot LCD, 320×240 dots, monochrome with Score Display and Lyrics Display function
- Tone Generation: AWM Stereo Sampling
- Polyphone: 32
- No. of Voices: 127 + 361 XGlite + 12 Drum/SFX Kits
- Effects: 9 types Reverb, 4 types Chorus, 5 types Master EQ
- 30 pre-set songs
- 6 tracks
- Data Capacity: approximately 10,000 notes/5,500 chords
- With Recording function
- Playback: SMF
- Amplifiers: 6W + 6W
- Speakers: 12cm x 2 + 3cm x 2
This 88-Key Portable Grand Piano earned an average of 4.5 stars among 80% of customers who rated the product. Most of the customers mentioned that the product was best for the more advanced musicians. The product was best liked for the following features:
- Sound quality of the voices of the instruments that sounded very life-like
- Various features engaged the users to play with the instrument for much longer than they had planned
- User-friendly despite the many controls and features to learn
- Overall design of the product was highly appealing
- Reliable and error-free performance
- Affordable price for all its features
Area for Improvement
There was only one feature that did not fare well with the customers. Customers preferred a stronger weighted action that had a closer feel to that of an acoustic piano.
The YPG-535 88-Key Portable Grand Piano from Yamaha, despite the single unsatisfactory comment on the weight action of its keyboard, is popularly accepted and liked. Customers marvel at the amount of technology that went into the design and production of the Yamaha YPG-535 88-Key Portable Grand Piano to produce life-like instrumental sound and flexibility of functions, worthy enough to be tagged along in professional concerts and gigs.
Check out other Yamaha piano reviews too!!