A guitarist can only be called a guitarist if he had ever owned and played an Epiphone Masterbilt DR-500MCE.
Epiphone Masterbilt DR-500MCE is the perfect guitar for any acoustic players – aspirant or professional. This vintage yet classy model is designed with pure wood to create that incredible resonance and crisp sound. It is built by the masters of instrument-making, Epiphone – one of the most prolific and prominent instrument companies in the world.
This Epiphone Masterbilt takes its roots from the guitars built in June 1931. Overtime, the craftsmen have mastered the series into a fine, unique stringed instrument that is made of pure wood. Throughout the years, guitarists would opt for the Vintage Sunburst guitars.
- Top material: solid sitka spruce
- Body material: solid mahogany
- Side material: solid mahogany
Ready to Take on the Center Stage
Through innovation, it has adapted to the electronic changes on instruments. These Vintage Sunburst guitars are ready to take on the center stage with their built-in stereo pre-amplifiers. These are where neck and bridge pickups are connected.
The acoustic guitar also has a built-in tuner and complete controls for volume and equalization. The player can adjust the amp to avoid feedback while tuning.
This is a great acoustic guitar for musicians who play on stage because of its adaptability to jacked wires. They do not need to worry about tuning it from time to time while playing. The Epiphone Masterbuilt DR-500MCE is designed to last a concert with less tuning.
Classic yet Stylish
Acoustic guitars are like jeans – they never go out of style. They have been in the music scene for more than a century now, and the sound never changes. As years pass by, the Epiphone Masterblit DR-500MCE adjusted to the needs of technology, without compromising its quality and style.
Over the course of time, Epiphone has come up with the electronics to reach the guitar’s maximum level of performance. The craftsmen strategically located the electronic controls and panels where they can be easily accessed.
For Beginners and Professionals
The Epiphone Masterbuilt DR-500MCE is an excellent guitar for both beginners and experts. Its design is a perfect fit for teenagers who are just learning how to play because of its built-in tuners.
On the other hand, professional musicians opt to use the Epiphone Masterbilt DR-500MCE on acoustic guitar sessions because of its crisp sound – whether plucked or strummed.
Features and Specifications
- Uses a steel string type that can be replaced by any preferred brand of steel strings, specifically .012 to .052
- Has a dreadnought body shape and a single cutaway body style
- Has the color Vintage Sunburst, thus the nickname of the guitar
- Has Sitka spruce top wood and mahogany back and sides
- Headstock, body, and neck are bound
- Has a rosewood fingerboard and bridge with split diamond inlays
- The scale is 25.5 inches with 20 frets
- Has 168-inch bone nut
- Uses NanoFlex, eSonic-2 stereo preamplifier and NanoMag
- Has a built-in Grover Sta-Tite 18:1 tuning machine
- Only weighs 2.2 pounds
- Has a dimension of 39.4 x 17.7 x 8.7 inches
- Free local shipping
- Requires CR2 batteries for the electronic specs
Reviewers agree that the Epiphone Masterbilt DR-500MCE is a top-rated acoustic guitar model, with a whopping 9.5 out of 10 rating. They believe that the outside craftsmanship is superb, with its perfect Vintage Sunburst color as its main attraction.
They also stated that the price meets the quality of the guitar. Its crisp sound can be at par with high-end guitars in the market.
The NanoFlex and Nanomag features on its bridge and neck further emphasize and enhance the pristine sound the guitar delivers – whether plugged as electronic or unplugged.
Most of the reviewers consider the Epiphone Masterbilt DR-500MCE a family guitar. Some YouTube sensations even use this model on their tutorials. There were also students who mentioned that the Vintage Sunburst acoustic guitar is also used for recitals.
Because of its Grover tuner, even newbies can perfect the tune of each string. It is also adaptable to any external amplifier to jack into, but Gibson is much preferred. Some reviewers even suggested that the Epiphone Masterbilt DR-500MCE sounds better than an expensive acoustic guitar!
However, there are some points that need improvement. Some hidden parts, like the rod cover and the saddle, are rough and needs a little more finish. The bridge pins are made of plastic, which could easily break. Though these can be replaced, it is still better if Epiphone would consider looking into these areas.
You get more than what you pay for with the Epiphone Masterbilt DR-500MCE. With a quality that is at par with the high-end ones, this acoustic guitar will definitely make your music sound like a pro.
When properly setup, the acoustic guitar’s ready to bring you to greater heights! Whether you use it for concerts or for plain family gatherings, Epiphone Masterbilt DR-500MCE is certainly a must-buy.
Check out our guitar reviews too!!
- Fender Sonoran SCE Dreadnought Review
- Taylor 150e – Dreadnought 12 String Product Review
- Yamaha NCX1200R Acoustic-Electric Classical Solid Rosewood Guitar Review
- Godin Multiac Series-ACS (Natural SG) Guitar Review
- Takamine GN93CE – NE Nex Cutaway Guitar Review
- Martin LX1E Travel Guitar Product Review
- Rouge RA-090 Acoustic Guitar Product Review
- Cordoba C5 Nylon String Classical Guitar Product Review
- Yamaha FGX700SC Solid Top Acoustic-Electric Guitar