The Cordoba C3M Classical Guitar is a part of the Iberia Series lineup. It is a handcrafted and full-sized guitar. It’s made with mahogany back and sides, solid cedar top, and designed with the Spanish fan bracing system.
Additionally, the Cordoba C3M is constructed with a hand-inlaid wooden rosette, nickel-plated tuning machines with pearl buttons and rosewood fingerboard. For added appeal and durability, the item has a light matte finish.
Players are raving about this guitar in reviews, noting of its superb quality and performance. The Cordoba C3M produces great sound and vibe that impresses everyone, both in a crowded and quiet environment. Let’s find out more about the Cordoba C3M taunted as the “best acoustic guitar” in the following review.
- Solid Cedar top
- All natural wood, hand inlaid rosette
- Natural matte/satin finish allows resonance and sustain
Spanish Fan Bracing
A guitar’s bracing refers to the internal reinforcements at the back and top of a guitar. It has two primary purposes. One, it keeps the instrument from collapsing under string tension. Two, it decides the sound a guitar generates.
The C3M is a modern classical guitar with a Spanish fan bracing pattern. The system works like the basic ladder, where thick cross braces are running both above and below the soundhole. With the pattern, the guitar’s belly is stiffened and strengthened with several braces, which look like a fan pattern just below the guitar’s bridge.
The traditional fan bracing of the C3M produces great volume and tone due to its strength in resisting the tension. The fan bracing pattern also makes an earthier and warmer sound and provides musicians with stronger bass emphasis versus ladder-braced patterns.
Without a doubt, the C3M can offer you with the varied and dynamic range of tonal possibilities as well as a versatile instrument for everyday use.
The guitar produces an excellent traditional sound. Users have already spoken on this, and they’re happy with its overall tone. The quality sound can be credited to its solid top, which is also more durable than laminated ones.
While it lacks the depth of a more expensive classical guitar on the market, it cannot be discounted at all for its responsiveness and warmth. Regarding responsiveness, the Cordoba C3M can provide you with playing ease, not to mention an easy to play neck.
You don’t also have to worry about tuning because of its stability. In that case, you do not need to tune it from time to time.
The sound it produces is perfect for some jazz, flamenco and classical music. Supporting classical music playing is its wide neck and radius.
Overall, the guitar does not only appeal to the eyes but the ears as well. Its bass notes are produced magnificently, while the higher notes remain bright and warm.
Cordoba C3M Classical Guitar Features and Specification
- Sound quality: It produces great sound for flamenco, jazz and other types of classical music genres. Players who love to reminisce on those traditional music eras may be able to find a friend in this guitar.
- Finish: If you’re looking for a valuable and great-looking classical guitar, you won’t go wrong with the C3M. It has a satin finish, yet it feels light to the handle. It’s also designed with rosette, which comes in beautiful detailing for that more expensive look. Adding to its beauty is the Spanish style design with the solid cedar top that makes it more appealing.
- Rosewood fingerboard: It produces rich and warm tones and has the ability to level out high-end harshness. The wood is also known for its durability. It’s an important factor, especially if you’re using the C3M daily and want it for the long haul.
- High-tension 500CJ Savarez Cristal Corum strings: These are nylon trebles paired with Corum basses. They offer precise tension, clear and focused tone, and soft feel. They’re also responsive and provide a broad dynamic range.
- Solid Cedar top: It supports less bright with less sustain, and it produces the warmer sound. Cedar is ideal for finger stylists. And because it is solid cedar wood, it can consistently supply better sound resonance. Thus, the C3M can offer that better tone versus cheap, laminated guitars.
- Technical specifications: 25.6″, scale length; 16″, fingerboard radius; 52mm, nut width; 19 total frets (12 to body); 14.75″, body width at lower bout; 39.5″, body length; and body depth 3.7″ (upper bout) and 3.9″ (lower bout).
Cordoba C3M Reviews
The classical guitar is impressive with more than 77 customer reviews, mostly positive things to say about it. Based on its features, performance, and quality, we’re rating it 9.6 of 10. By far, it’s one of the top value classical guitars on the market that comes with all the performance and design features that players are looking for when buying a new guitar.
According to one reviewer, he loved the natural finish and attractive appearance of the C3M, mentioning it looked vintage yet very affordable.
Another said that it’s easy to play, especially that he’s a finger stylist. He reported that it provided him that responsive action despite its lightweight and compact size. Finally, he recommended it to his friends who have just started playing.
Other users appreciate its classical volume and sound. They expressed their pleasure using it for old school Beatles, flamenco, Zeppelin, and Nirvana.
The rest reported that they highly recommended this guitar to friends because it is not expensive. Plus, they noted that it was ready to use without adjustment needed – out of the box.
Things to Improve
The Cordoba C3M Classical Guitar isn’t spared from some complaints.
Some of them complained about the lack of gig case. However, a few of them noted that it didn’t matter as much as the great volume and sound this guitar could produce.
Others reported it was a bit pricier than other guitars in the same category. But with its top features and high-quality performance, many of them revealed much satisfaction with the value for money they got from the C3M.
The Cordoba C3M Classical Guitar offers top features with an affordable price. It’s Spanish fan bracing, classic sound, satin finish, rosewood fingerboard and high-tension springs make it the guitar of choice for beginners. It’s also good for advanced players looking for high performance, stylish and classical guitar for daily use.
Read more of our reviews on the best classical guitars here.
Check out our guitar reviews too!!